Sunday, 21 August 2011
Subedar Major conferred honorary Captain rank
Mohamed Ashraf, Subedar Major of 9 Andhra NCC battalion, for the first time in the history of battalion, was conferred Honorary Captain rank by the Ministry of Defence on the eve of Independence day celebrations for his meritorious services.
Lt Col Ajay Kadian, Commanding Officer, decorated Subedar Major Ashraf with the rank of Captain during the piping (investiture) ceremony held at the battalion here on Friday. Subedar Major Ashraf joined the Indian Army in 1980 and worked in various stations including Indian Peace Keeping Force (IPKF), Sri Lanka, Bhutan.
Source : The Hindu News paper, KARIMNAGAR, August 20, 2011
- December (11)
- November (12)
- October (7)
- September (35)
- August (43)
- July (50)
- June (24)
- May (15)
- April (3)
- March (31)
- February (10)
- January (35)
- December (24)
- October (11)
- September (3)
- August (2)
- July (59)
- June (67)
- May (40)
- April (19)
- March (40)
- February (35)
- January (58)
- December (36)
- November (8)
- October (55)
- September (94)
- Preparedness for Natural Disasters
- Ganesh Chaturthi Greetings
- Ramadan Mubarak
- Retired army officers to conduct exams in Haryana ...
- Army as an instrument of national power
- Anna ends fast, expands agenda
- War on Corruption- Strategic Impact
- PM's Letter to Anna Hazare
- Anna to break 12-day fast on Sunday 10 am ON 28 Au...
- ANNA HAZARE FIGHTING FOR CURRUPTION - VIDEO
- Foundation Stone for Petrapole ICP Laid
- Finance Minister’s Statement in the Lok Sabha 27 A...
- Jan Lokpal Bill VS Govt. Lokpal Bill
- My greets to all on Janamashtami
- Complaints Regarding Public Grievances and Pension...
- Subedar Major conferred honorary Captain rank
- Limiting Supply of LPG Cylinders for Cooking Purpo...
- Sainik Schools in Country
- JOIN THE STRUGGLE TO SAVE THE NATION WITH ANNA HAZ...
- PENSION MELA AT AF STATION TAMBARAM.
- ARMY TO CUT LITIGATION CASES INVOLVING VETERANS
- Prime Minister's Independence Day Address
- WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY 65th INDEPENDENCE DAY
- Address to the Nation by the President of India
- Independence Day Gallantry Awards and Other Decora...
- Honorary Commissions for Army Personnel - 2011
- Army Gallantry Award Winners and their Acts of Gal...
- Happy 65th Independence Day:
- Prime Minister’s Reply to Shri Anna Hazare’s lette...
- CGDA launches monthly pension statement through em...
- CHECK YOUR PENSION ENTITLEMENT
- July (12)
- June (4)
- May (3)
- April (8)
- March (12)
The contents posted on these Web Site are personal reflections of the Viewers and do not reflect the views of the "Indian Military Veterans- Web" Team. Neither the "Indian Military Veterans -Web" nor the individual authors of any material on these Web accept responsibility for any loss or damage caused (including through negligence), which anyone may directly or indirectly suffer arising out of use of or reliance on information contained in or accessed through these Web.
This is not an official Web site. This forum is run by team of ex- Indian Army, Veterans for social networking of Indian Defence Veterans. It is not affiliated to or officially recognized by the MoD or the AHQ, or Government/ State.
The Indian Military Veterans Forum will endeavor to edit/ delete any material which is considered offensive, undesirable and or impinging on national security. The WebTeam is very conscious of potentially questionable content. However, where a content is posted and between posting and removal from the Web in such cases, the act does not reflect either the condoning or endorsing of said material by the Team.
Web Moderator: Capt KS Ramaswamy (Retd)